10/23/2007

Gina Kenny Report: Carpentersville Cross

Sue and I raced in the Women's 4's at the cyclocross race on Sunday.
The course was more technical than Jackson Park -- which means it
was more to my liking. There were two barriers before a run up, two
places where there was a barrier and then a ditch type thing that
you had to jump over, a kind of ditch/very small ravine thing with
a rutted line and a big sand pit that if you tried to just roll
into you would fly over your handlebars (which I kind of did during
a pre- ride). I actually started out very well and, while I couldn't
keep up with the top girls, I I did well overall and was fourth or
fifth at the end.

The initial results had me listed as 5th and Sue listed as 6th.
There was a problem with one girl's results and I ended up with 4th
and Sue was 5th. We both won jerseys and, Sue, I'll bring yours to
the ABD race.

Speaking of the ABD race -- It's this Sunday, Oct. 28, in Bartlett.
Please come out and either race or cheer us on! And, Jim, please let
me know what you need me to do for volunteering.

Jessi also did the Women's 1/2/3 race. Even though it was at the
same time, I have no idea how it went for her so I'll have to let
her give you a report. Jim raced 30+ and 40+ and there was an ABD
guy that raced the Cat. 4's but I'm not sure who it was since I was
busy trying to keep Christopher from going down the slide head
first. -- Gina Kenny

No comments: