11/30/2006

Season Finale' Duathlon: Bob Marshall

Hey ABD'ers;

I doubt anyone is interested, but I'm doing my final season Duathlon this weekend.

After my originally planned, "Dodge the Leaves Duathlon" in Michigan was cancelled, I checked around for other possible races.

Not many choices, either go to Louisville, and compete in Sundays, KHS Series Finale, Value Market Duathlon, consisting of 10k run/40k bike/5k run, all relatively hilly!

Or, go down to Anna, Illinois (south of Carbondale, and do a very hilly 5k run/17.5 mile bike (no second run). Race director said there are 10 hills, on the bike course, with the longest about 400 yds or so he says (he didn't know percent grades, but guessing that 10 hills spread out over 17.5 miles means nothing really big...I HOPE).

So here it goes, looks like rain on Sunday in Louisville, and pleasant skies on Saturday for southern Illinois. Therfor, I'm opting for the race in Anna, Illinois!

Anyone interested in comming down to help support, the ABD' colors, and also go on a ride after my race is over...in southern Illinois beautiful rolling countryside, your welcome to come. (I'm leaving Friday late morning and staying local in a Super 8 in Anna....sorry not staying in that local college town Carbondale..SIU).

Let me know if your interested...cell# 630-445-3935 ...be back Saturday evening!

P.S. -Rob, pulled off my small 45 chainring and installed a 42

Bob Marshall/
TT guy

No comments: