7/23/2007

Oehmen's Superweek Soigneur Report

If you are hoping that this email will spill all the deep dark secrets shared on the table by the elite team. Don't bother reading any further. i will never share any stories... through email :)

But i have gone with the team to racers for three events now. Quad city, nature valley and a couple days in superweek. I have learned a few things but i know i still  have a long way to go.

Notes from the feed zone.

0 - 2 bottles .... boring
5 - 10 bottles ..... fun
25 plus bottles.... funner
feeding guys from a few different teams ...... priceless

I have learned that me being over prepared and taking home extra water bottles that are still full is so much better than running out of water.

I have learned that when they say they don't need coke after a race, not to listen to them because they will have changed their minds at the end of the race.

I have learned that having a good radio is important so the guys can actually hear you and will be warned if their will be a feed bag next lap.

i have learned that sunblock and bug spray should always be worn in the feed zone. Stupid bugs and sun!

Other things i have learned about myself:

I would rather have too much to do than sitting around waiting for the guys  to race.

i need around 5 hours of sleep or i get irritable.

The most important thing is that i really enjoy the job and i think I am a good fit for it.

* i know there is more i just can't remember what it is. I might have blocked a few things out!

Liz Oehmen
ABD soigneur

No comments: