4/16/2008

LaRue Report: Paris Roubaix Tour

Hello,

Nancy and I got back from Roubaix. Man what an experience. We rode the last 115k of the course. We left from the hotel in Valenciennes and rode 5 miles to the famous pavĂȘ section Arenberg forest. This is rated as a 5 star (the highest rating). It felt more like a 9.9 on the Richter scale. We then rode several other sections of PavĂȘ until we reached section 5 which was about 8k of cobbles another section of 5 star. I got about halfway th rough and wanted to start crying. I had to look down at my arms because I thought they were on fire and ready to shake off. I know everyone thinks that they should go to the Tour de France but this was the neatest tour we have done. If you get a chance this would be worth doing. I would make it a week of classics starting with Flanders,Gent-Wevelgem, then the queen Roubaix. I thought that cyclist at this level were great but after this I think they’re gods. That was one of the toughest ride I can remember in a long time. Of course you know my memory is short.

Well the next stop is the Giro in 4 weeks. I will send out a LaRue report then.

No comments: